Hidden Death

Hidden Death
Romantic Suspense set in the Keys

Followers

Wednesday, January 21, 2009


Hi everyone. We are freezing in the Keys! Of course that doesn't stop Trevor and Tisha from begging for attention.

This is the coldest Jan. any of us can remember. When I walk down the dock, the wind nearly knocks me in the water. It has been great for shrimping, but that's the only good thing I can say about it.
Sunday we had a shrimp boil in our community chickee hut at the end of our dock. (A Chickee hut is open sided with poles that support a thatched roof - very popular in the Keys) My friend Mark, the only one on the dock hardy enough to stand out in the cold night wind with a net, provided the shrimp and we all brought a dish to pass.
That's one thing I love about the Keys. Everyone works together and celebrates together. It's like living in one continuous small town from Key Largo to Key West. It's a great place to live and an even better place to visit.
I think everyone knows I take care of an 89 year old gentleman. He says he's ready to move to Cancun because the weather in the Keys has been so cold. That sounds good to me if he'll take us with him. My novel is still in progress and John is threatening to lock me in a closet until it’s finished. This one is more of a mainstream thriller with a little romance thrown in. It’s about a serial killer in the Keys and the eccentric deputy that solves the case. The Key’s papers and radio stations are waiting for the date it’s published.
Read the excerpt on my website.

No comments: